Tickets still available for Paul Weller at Live from Jodrell Bank on 24 June
15 May 2012
Red Dwarf’s Craig Charles (Lister) will be doing an exclusive Q and A session at the music festival.
The fantastic Gomez and Jake Evans (Bad Lieutenant) have been added to the musical line up and will perform alongside Graham Coxon, Baxter Dury and Little Barrie.
With full access to the magnificent Discovery Centre included in every ticket, this is a great chance to find out more about the mind-blowing research happening here and discover why stargazing has enjoyed a massive resurgence in the past few years.
In the science arena visitors will be able to:
- Find out about the latest developments in Jodrell Bank research
- Hear about eMERLIN, the UK-wide network of telescopes run from Jodrell Bank;
- Get the latest on Pulsar research – Jodrell Bank is a world leader in research into Pulsars, rapidly rotating neutron stars the size of a city that send beams of radio waves out across the Universe;
- Find out about ALMA, the Attacama Large Millimetre Array – a world class Telescope on the Chajnantor plain of the Chilean Andes. Jodrell Bank is the hub for ALMA science in the UK;
- See the future of Radio Astronomy with the team from the Square Kilometre Array – the 1.5billion euro international project to build the world’s biggest telescope – the International HQ is currently under construction at the Jodrell Bank site;
- And Watch the giant Lovell Telescope move while Jodrell Bank Astrophysicist Tim O’Brien puts it through its paces live from stage!
As well as meeting Jodrell Bank scientists and engineers, you can also hear about other fascinating research from across The University of Manchester and beyond ...
- Get updates on the search for the Higgs Boson – the so-called ‘God Particle’ at the LHC in Geneva;
- Find out about the intricacies of mathematical origami – and do some experiments of your own;
- Celebrate the Turing Centenary with the Turing Sunflower project – a mass experiment to grow thousands of sunflowers and count their spirals!
- Meet Bridget, the Mars rover built to test the prototypes of the equipment that will form part of the European Space Agency’s next mission to Mars;
- Learn about the science of sport with In The Zone - a Wellcome Trust exhibition inspired by London 2012 – discover the secret springs that make you jump – get under the skin of your blood system – race to the finish and take home access to your own personal showreel.
Tickets £35 (no age restriction) available from:
Coach tickets are available from various pick-up points to buy from:
Full travel information can be found at: