Nowgen event: Biomarkers in research and clinical practice
01 Nov 2011
One-day session on 9 December 2011 (Early Bird discount extended to 9 November).
This is a new one day course that Nowgen has developed as part of our Personalised Medicine themed training programme. The introductory level course is suitable for delegates in the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare sector who require an understanding of biomarkers in research, drug development and clinical practice.
There will also be open discussion session for delegates to discuss their areas of specific interest.
- Biomarker discovery (Dr Richard Unwin, CADET, NIHR Manchester Biomedical Research Centre)
- Biomarkers in drug development (Mark Jones, UCB Ltd)
- Biomarkers and patient stratification (Dr Maria Orr, AstraZeneca)
- Pharmacodynamic biomarkers (Dr Tony Nash, AstraZeneca)
- Safety biomarkers (Dr James Milligan, AstraZeneca)
- Blood biomarkers (Dr Ged Brady, Paterson Institute, University of Manchester)
- Biomarkers and tissue sampling (Professor Chris Womack, AstraZeneca)
- Technology provider views (Dr Simon Beaulah, IDBS)
- Biomarker validation (Dr Jeff Cummings, Paterson Institute, University of Manchester)
- MicroRNAs as biomarkers (Dr Neil French, MRC Centre for Drug Safety Science, University of Liverpool)
Early Bird discount has been extended to 9 November.
For full course programme and booking information, see: