Blackboard and Start of Year 2011
14 Sep 2011
All Bb9 courses that have been activated are now visible to students: please make sure your Bb9 space has the appropriate content for the start of year.
If you have not yet activated your course, please do so immediately. If you need help and advice in getting your course ready for the start of semester, please contact your elearning team.
Your 2011/12 courses can be found under the Future tab, in the My Courses portlet of My Manchester.
See 'Blackboard and Start of Year' for how to activate or roll forward your course.
Now your course is activated and populated in order to get it ready for teaching:
- Insert a link to TALIS reading list
- Check all Assessments in your course
- Set up student groups and adaptive release rules
- Start using Bb9 alongside your face to face teaching. During your first teaching session, tell your students how Bb9 wail be used in your course.
If a student can't see your course:
- Check have you activated / rolled forward your course
- Remind them that it can take up to 24 hours after enrolling to see their courses
- Ask them to the review the FAQ: Access Bb9 (STUDENTS) in the Knowledge Base and contact the IT Servicedesk if they are still experiencing problems.