Academic Roadshow Autumn 2011
12 Sep 2011
Information and guidance on research costing and Time Allocation Survey (TAS)
We would like to invite you to a roadshow which is aimed to provide some clear information and guidance on areas that concern you:
- Research costing - when and what can be included?
- Time Allocation Survey (TAS) - why do we do it?
Objectives of the roadshow:
- Provide a clear steer on eligible grant costs by outlining key principles to follow;
- Understand what's covered by our research rates and what's not;
- Understand how facilities work - when they can and can't be charged and to which funders;
- Understand why we do TAS;
- Understand how the TAS data is used;
- Be clear on TAS categories and what they mean.
The mechanism for providing these roadshows has been agreed with the Associate Deans for Research in each Faculty who are hoping for a high attendance level by academics. The sessions have been arranged at times that we hope will suit you, and will last no more than one hour.
The roadshow is intended to give you an opportunity to raise questions and concerns directly with us. We do hope that you will make every effort to attend and look forward to meeting you.
- EPS Academic Roadshows 27 September @ 11am or 13 October @ 3pm
Venue: MIB Lecture Theatre
- FLS Academic Roadshows 28 September @ 2pm or 12 October @ 2pm
Venue: Michael Smith Lecture Theatre
- MHS Academic Roadshows 24 November @ 2pm or 1 December @3pm
- Humanities Academic Roadshows are to be confirmed & registration details will be incorporated in personal invitation.
Please register for EPS, FLS and MHS sessions at the following link: