The Manchester Graduate Internship Programme
27 May 2011
Find out how MGIP can help your HR needs
Now in its fourth year the MLP, Careers & Employability Division’s Manchester Graduate Internship Programme (MGIP) is going from strength-to-strength.
MGIP is responding to a continuing demand from our graduates wanting to stay and work in Manchester post-graduation. MGIP identifies short-term, temporary, paid internships exclusively for our graduates with a variety of organisations and businesses including the University. Our aim is to improve the employability of our graduates by providing them with access to vital work experience and the opportunity to develop key skills.
The University has been an important MGIP supporter since its launch in 2008. MGIP internships within the University can last between 4 and 12 months and can start any time from now through to January next year.
Key benefits to University colleagues include:
- a flexible option for covering temporary positions;
- the opportunity to draw on the knowledge of someone who has experience of our University but can bring new perspectives, insights and ideas;
- full support provided during the recruitment process from advertising, collecting applications and liaising with applicants;
- all MGIP graduates are provided with mentoring and career development support during their internship.
Colleagues from Schools, Faculties and Institutes have found MGIP offers an ideal solution to their recruitment and resourcing needs. Last year’s internships included a variety of administration, student support and marketing roles.
If you are interested in finding out more about how MGIP could help meet your HR needs, please contact:
- Anne Milligan on 54041 or email@example.com
For more information, go to: