New 'eProg' system to assist postgraduate research students
05 Oct 2010
Find out all about eProg and how it can help you
eProg is the new, University-wide progression system and skills training catalogue for postgraduate research (PGR) students.
It offers an online platform for PGR students, academic staff and administrative staff to plan, record and track key progression milestones throughout a PGR student’s programme from the point of registration to examination.
The system also hosts an extensive catalogue of skills training activity, where PGR students can view and book skills training courses hosted across the University.
eProg can be accessed via the University portal or you can log on directly by visiting www.eprog.manchester.ac.uk
• help PGR students to keep themselves on track and to complete their PhD on time
• provide a personalised area, ‘My eProg\', tailored for each PGR student and each supervisor
• enable easy access and online booking of skills training activity
• enable end of year assessors to see what a PGR student has done
• enhance the student experience
• improve reporting ability and increase accessibility to PGR student information
• streamline processes and reduce administrative effort
• fully integrate with campus solutions and other University systems
Further details about eProg, including online virtual guides on how to use eProg can be found on the eProg website (http://www.eprog.manchester.ac.uk) under the ‘Training Documents’ section of ‘About eProg’.
You can contact your School Postgraduate Administrator for more information about progression requirements within your school or for more information about the eProg system please contact Helen Baker email@example.com) or Davina Whitnall (firstname.lastname@example.org)