NW Technical Manager Networking Event
03 Sep 2010
On 20 October at University of Salford - booking essential
The latest NW Technical Manager Networking event will be held at the University of Salford on 20 October 2010, 10.30am-2.30pm (lunch included).
If you wish to attend, please complete:
and return it to:
- 10am - Welcome and coffee
- 10.10 - 10.45am Creating a regional forum, how it will run, communications (including electronic forums), steering group/committee
- 10.45 - 11.15am National Apprenticeship Scheme - representative from NAS will host questions and answer session
- 11.15 - 11.45am Group sessions 1. How we can do a skills audit; 2. Recognising competence
- 11.45am - 12 noon Feedback from group sessions
- 12.15-12.45pm - Discipline specific group discussions around 'What do you want for the development of your technicians?'
- 12.45 -1.30pm Lunch
- 1.30 - 2.30pm Developmental session - 'A mediation approach to resolving workplace conflict' Jane Stocks, Laboratory Manager and H&S coordinator, School of Earth and Environment, University of Leeds