Fancy a new wardrobe for free?
02 Jun 2010
Update your look at SUST Swapshop on 7 June
Update your wardrobe and beat the credit crunch by bringing a minimum of three items of clean clothing to the SUST Swapshop at Eighth Day Café, Oxford Road, on Monday 7 June:
- Clothes drop-off 5.45pm-6.15pm
- Swapping 6.15pm-7pm
- FREE if you have three items of clothing and £1 if you don't
- Donations also welcome
Items can include garments, shoes, bags, accessories, please make sure all items are clean. Please, no underwear!
The Swapshop is a simple way of reusing old clothes, which we believe makes sense to the environment and financial sense too. The Swapshop is a collaboration between:
- Action for Sustainable Living
- Manchester Friends of the Earth
- STARS at The University of Manchester
- Eighth Day Cafe
Did you know that it's great if you pass on your clothes to charity shops, but that you can do even more by actually using second-hand clothes. An issue for British charity shops is that only 10-20 per cent of their clothes are actually resold in the UK.
Please forward this email onto your friends. We look forward to seeing you on 7 June.
For more information or if you can display a poster in your workplace about this, please email:
- Al (STARS Environmental Officer) at Alexander.Clark@manchester.ac.uk