Broadening Horizons: Career Management for research staff
29 Apr 2010
Free regional two-day workshop in Manchester on 28-29 June
This interactive and intensive two-day programme will provide you with the opportunity, skills and tools to engage proactively in your own career development. The programme will enable you to gain a clearer self-orientation of where you are within your career and to consider what your next steps might be, whether your aspirations are to remain in research and/or academia or to move into other areas.
Participants will be placed in learning groups to work on a range of activities, supported by an experienced team of facilitators. The programme will enable you to:
- gain a sense of direction and progression
- widen your understanding of career options
- better understand your own career situation
- develop tools and techniques to explore your skills, motivations, values and talents and how you can apply these to your career planning
- consider potential jobs you might like to explore furtherconsider what makes an effective CV
- commit to an action plan for your personal and career development
Also see the posts on this course at:
Who should attend?
Research staff who have an interest in developing skills and tools to help them proactively engage in their own career development.
Researchers’ views of the Broadening Horizons programme:
- ‘It makes you rethink about what you are doing and where you want to go. Also to make more "planning" for your future, goals etc.’
- ‘It was a fun and engaging course. Met lots of interesting people and thought about myself on a personal level.’
- ‘Confidence building, meeting other people in a relaxed environment, opportunity to be honest’
For further details and to book your place on this free course, visit