Managing Stress: a relaxation day
20 Apr 2010
Sport and Counselling offer this Wellbeing Day on 8 May
Saturday 8 May, 10am-4pm
The Manchester Museum, Oxford Road
By popular demand the Counselling Service and SPORT are offering this one-day workshop which is an enjoyable way to find out more about relaxation techniques and other strategies for coping with stress.
This relaxing day allows practice of various relaxation techniques. Emphasis is on brief exercises that can be integrated into daily life to prevent stress exhaustion and increase energy and focus.
Last year’s event was fully booked so make sure you book early to be sure of a place.
The day’s events will include:
- An introduction to Shiatsu massage.
- An introduction to some of the techniques of Mindful-Based Stress Reduction (this is a way of practising mindfulness meditation - it is a very useful skill to learn and can help you to deal more effectively with stress and to learn how to relax more easily).
- An introduction to Yoga for healthy lower backs (this session will be an opportunity to quieten the mind and relax the nervous system).
- An opportunity to experience Indian head massage.
- Receive 10% off at Café Muse-Couture.
- Students £17.00
- Staff and partners £20.00
- Public £30.00
To book a place, visit:
- SPORT Head Office, William Kay House, 333 Oxford Road (cheques payable to ‘The University of Manchester’)