Photonics North-West: highlighting regional activities
06 Apr 2010
One-day meeting on 14 April at the University of Liverpool
Optical Group & Materials and Characterisation Group
of the Institute of Physics
North West Photonics Association
Photonics & Plastic Electronics KTN
Wednesday 14 April 2010
University of Liverpool
Walker Lecture Theatre
Department of Engineering
This is a one-day meeting for researchers, engineers, industrialists and users of light to highlight some of the regional activities in applied photonics and photonic materials. It will be held in a convenient location at The Walker Lecture Theatre, just 10 minutes walk from Liverpool Lime Street Station in the centre of Liverpool.
Presentations given are from all aspects of applied optics and photonic materials such as:
- medical imaging
- laser material processing and micromachining
- non destructive evaluation
- optical tweezers
- optical sensing
- test and measurement
There will be an opportunity to exhibit some posters.
The Northwest is particularly strong in optics related research and industry, with Liverpool, Leeds, Bradford, Sheffield and Birmingham within easy reach. This venue has been chosen to encourage regional groups to actively participate in the meeting.
Offers of contributions (~15+5 minutes) should be sent, together with an abstract (<100 words), to:
- Dr Walter Perrie, Lairdside Laser Engineering Centre, Campbeltown Road, Birkenhead, Wirral, CH41 9HP, at email@example.com
Contributions should arrive not later than 22 March 2010.
The meeting is free, but please obtain a registration form from:
- Mrs J Gaywood at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, please contact:
- Dr Walter Perrie at email@example.com / 0151 650 2305
- Dr Patricia Scully at firstname.lastname@example.org / 0161 306 8923