Annual Ski and Board Weekend: 5-7 February 2010
14 Sep 2009
For skiers, snowboarders, walkers and laid-back folk
For the tenth year running we are organising the Skiing or Snow Boarding or Chilling Out or Walking weekend at the Academy Hotel in the MacDonald Aviemore Mountain Resort, Aviemore, Scotland.
5-7 February 2010 inclusive. The timing is perfect: the second weekend in Semester 2, with examinations over and just before Valentine's Day. If you wish to treat someone special, come and taste the Highlands! Everyone had a fantastic time last year.
We will have free use of the Highland Leisure Arena on this the MacDonald Aviemore Mountain Resort (don't forget your swimsuits!).
The basic package (without skiing and/or snowboarding) costs £162 and includes:
- Accommodation in the Academy Hotel (based on two adults sharing) includes: En-suite hotel accommodation, two breakfasts, three-course evening dinner Saturday, high tea Sunday.
- Transfer to the ski slopes daily, plus courier to accompany group.
Family rooms are available: for children 15 and under sharing with two adults, there is a £42 reduction per child.
There is a single person supplement of £40.
Return coach travel from North Campus:
- Depart Manchester Friday 5 February 2010 at 3.15pm prompt.
- Return Manchester Sunday 7 February 2010 at 11.30pm (arrival back in Manchester).
North Campus car parking for the weekend will be arranged. If you require this, please email:
More information online at:
The offer is open to staff members and students, friends and families (membership not required).
Once again, the trip is being organised directly (to save time) with SKI NORWEST, the operator we have always used.
If you are interested, please contact:
- Barbara at email@example.com and mark your enquiry 'UNIVERSITY SKI TRIP'
A £60 non-returnable deposit will secure your booking.
FINAL payment is due by 18 December 2009 at the latest.
Bookings will be taken on a first come, first served basis.
Skiing and snowboarding
Skiing and snowboarding costs are extra.
Payments for ski/board tuition and equipment hire etc will be collected in January 2009.
- Beginner ski package two days' ski hire[skis, poles & boots]/snowboard hire [board & boots],+one day's lesson, two days' ski passes £118.00
- Intermediate ski package: two days ski hire [skis, poles & boots]/ board hire[board & boots]two days' ski lift passes £87.00
- Clothing hire: £15 per item per 2 day hire.
Please make all cheques payable to 'SKINORWEST' and send them by first class post to:
- Ski Norwest, 8 Foxholes Cottages, Foxholes Road, Horwich, Bolton BL6 6AL
Tel: 01204 668468, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to seeing all our regulars and some new faces - it is guaranted to be the best weekend ever.
If you are unsure of any of the details, please contact:
- Jane Wells, The University of Manchester representative, at email@example.com or 0161 275 7283 (internal extension 57283)