Pick up a pocket guide to Metrolink replacement bus services
28 Jul 2009
Details of X5, X6 and 200 services during August
Metrolink passengers can now pick up a handy pocket-sized guide to the replacement bus services that will run on the Altrincham and Eccles lines and in the city centre during August.
The guide will be handed out at stops along the line from Monday 27 July and will be available at GMPTE Travelshops and online. It includes bus routes, timetable information and details about a simplified fare structure aimed at making buying tickets on the replacement services quick and easy.
The Metrolink lines to Altrincham and Eccles close from 1 August and reopen on 1 September for a range of essential engineering and improvement works – including building connections to two new tram lines as part of the multimillion-pound Metrolink expansion.
Passengers using the Altrincham and Eccles lines will still be able get to their usual destinations on frequent replacement bus services during August:
Altrincham line (services X5 and X6)
- The X5 will run between Altrincham and Victoria, calling at Altrincham, Navigation Road and Timperley tram stops and then all stops along the main road close to Metrolink tram stops. It will run every 10 minutes during the day and every 15 minutes after 7pm on Mondays to Saturdays; and every 15 minutes on Sundays during normal tram operating times.
- The X6 is a supplementary service running between Brooklands tram stop and Piccadilly, calling at Dane Road, Sale and Brooklands tram stops off the main road route. It will run every 30 minutes between 7.30am and 6pm Mondays to Saturdays, with a more frequent service during morning and afternoon peak periods.
Eccles line (service 200)
- The 200 will run between Eccles and Piccadilly, serving all Eccles line stops except Pomona. Harbour City and Anchorage are served by a single stop, a short walk away from Anchorage tram stop.
- It will run every 10 minutes from 7am to 7pm and every 15 minutes at all other times during normal tram operating times, Mondays to Saturdays.
- It will run every 15 minutes on Sundays.
Passengers wishing to cross the city centre between Piccadilly and Victoria should use the X5 bus, changing at Piccadilly Station where necessary. The X5 stops at Portland Street for St Peter’s Square, Piccadilly Gardens, Piccadilly Station and Victoria.
All the replacement bus stops along the Altrincham and Eccles routes will be clearly marked with a yellow strip which will carry information about which services call there.
GMPTE is continuing to hold a number of drop-in sessions for members of the public to find out more about the improvements and alternative arrangements.
For more information:
- Go to Metrolink
- Call Metrolink Customer Services on 0161 205 2000 (lines are open between 7am and 11pm, Monday to Friday, and between 10am and 6pm at weekends)