Manchester International Festival: Take part in 'Procession'
16 Jun 2009
Participant call-out for 5 July
Turner-prize winning artist, Jeremy Deller, needs you. Are you interested in taking part in Jeremy Deller’s Procession on Sunday 5 July as part this year's Festival? We are still looking for a few select people to get involved:
- Are you a rambler, lover of the great outdoors or keen walker?
- Perhaps you are related to someone who was involved in, or who witnessed, the Peterloo Massacre on Aug 16, 1819.
- Do you enjoy smoking? Procession needs a plenty of unrepentant cigarette, pipe and cigar smokers.
- Do you own a collection of records by the Happy Mondays or World of Twist? We've got room for plenty of fans in the parade too.
Get in touch via:
There will also be an exhibition at the Cornerhouse, called Procession: An Exhibition. This will document the Procession itself, and expand upon some of its themes. Cornerhouse would like to hear from you if you, or anyone you know, took part in, or remembers these significant moments in Manchester's past:
- Were you at the recording of Jerry Lee Lewis performing Whole lot of Shaking Goin' On at Granada Studios on 19 March 1964?
- Were you in the crowd, welcoming the Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gargarin back from space, in July 1961?
- Do you have a connection with anyone who might have met Ghandi when he visited Manchester in 1931?
Please send all replies to: