5226 students completed UoM Student Satisfaction Survey
05 Jun 2009
Results will be available in September
The UoM Student Satisfaction Survey 2009, covering all aspects of the student experience and open to students at all levels of study, has now closed. It was completed by 5226 students, a response rate of 14% and a 55% increase over 2007 when the survey was last run.
Students were offered a number of prizes as incentives throughout the survey. We have given away:
- 2 x £300 donations to Oxfam to provide a library to a school in a developing country
- 2 x £150 donations to Wateraid to provide materials to build a well
- 4 x University of Manchester Rugby Shirts
- 8 x Food on Campus Vouchers worth £30
- 16 x University of Manchester Hooded Sweatshirts
- 4 x Tickets to see performances at the Martin Harris Centre, worth £25
Prize winners were from all Faculties. The grand prize of a Nintendo Wii was awarded to a second year undergraduate from Aeronautical Engineering.
The prize of £1000 for the School with the best response rate will be awarded to the School of Chemical Engineering and Analytical Sciences which achieved a response rate of 19.25%. A full breakdown of the response rates by School can be viewed at:
The results of the survey are now being analysed and are expected to be available in September.
National Student Survey
The National Student Survey closed on 30 April. The University achieved an excellent response rate of 65%, just ahead of the sector average of 62%, and a small increase on last year’s response rate (62%). The NSS is completed by final year undergraduates, and focuses mainly on the Teaching and Learning aspects of the student experience.
Results of the National Student survey are expected to be available in September.
For further information, contact:
- Jenny Wragge at email@example.com