06 May 2009
Insights into the Manchester Leadership Programme
This month sees the launch of 'Changing Futures', a new publication which highlights the latest developments in the Manchester Leadership Programme (MLP).
The publication is packed with information on both the academic and volunteering requirements of the MLP, with case studies of students and schools, names of key academics involved, insights from programme directors and voluntary organisations and a feature on how the MLP is boosting the employability of students.
Launched in 2005/6 with 80 students, the MLP is quickly growing in popularity with 600 undergraduates representing all schools currently taking part and 900 places will be available next academic year. The ambition is to continue to grow the programme so that by 2015 it is offered to all students at the University.
University colleagues can get involved with the MLP through:
- promoting the MLP to your students;
- exploring how the MLP could be tailored to meet the needs of your programme or school;
- recommending key academics or external speakers to deliver a session, or to be interviewed for the online unit; and
- providing contacts in not-for-profit organisations who may have suitable volunteering opportunities.
For more information please contact:
- Leadership in Action Unit
Colette Cooke, MLP Manager
- Volunteering Opportunities
Lindsay Gilbert, Head of Volunteering and Community Engagement
- General Enquiries
Jane Ratchford, Director