The Manchester Museum's Easter ebulletin for families
03 Apr 2009
What's on in April 2009
Welcome to The Manchester Museum's ebulletin for families. As we open our new Manchester Gallery, we say goodbye to Lindow Man. Come and join us over the Easter holidays (6-17 April) for an exciting programme of events linked to both Manchester Gallery and Lindow Man.
If you know anyone who is interested in receiving our enewsletters and finding out more about our activities, they can now sign up through our website:
We look forward to seeing you soon.
The Manchester Museum
The Manchester Museum is open daily:
- Tuesday-Saturday: 10am-5pm
- Sunday, Monday and Bank Holidays: 11am-4pm
Easter opening hours:
- Open Easter Monday (13 April) 11am-4pm
- Closed Good Friday (10 April)
New Manchester Gallery opening 4 April
Celebrate the opening of our new Manchester Gallery on Saturday 4 April. Explore the stories behind the Museum’s objects and the journeys that have brought them to Manchester. Discover the amazing story of Maharajah, the Museum’s Asian elephant, and how he walked 200 miles from Edinburgh to Manchester in 1872 to become the star attraction at Belle Vue Zoo.
Join in the following family activities linked to Manchester Gallery throughout the Easter holidays:
- Monday 6-Thursday 9 & Tuesday 14-Friday 17 April: Welcome home Maharajah
- Monday 6 April: Elephant story time
- Friday 24 April: Magic Carpet: Meet Maharajah!
Goodbye Lindow Man
Join us in saying a fond farewell to Lindow Man. Don’t miss your last chance to see him in Lindow Man: A bog body mystery, before 19 April.
Join in the following family activities linked to Lindow Man: A bog body mystery throughout the Easter holidays:
- Saturday 4 April: Lindow Man:the verdict
- Tuesday 7 & Tuesday 14 April: Forensic science: a bog body mystery
- Tuesday 7 & Tuesday 14 April: Iron Age technology
- Wednesday 8 & Wednesday 15 April: Farewell Lindow Man
- Thursday 9 April: Lindow Man timeline
- Thursday 16 April: Lindow Man craft
- Friday 17 April: Family Friendly Film Club screening
Lindow Man: A bog body mystery recently won a Design Week award. Don't miss your last chance to see the exhibition.
I love Manchester
Do you love The Manchester Museum? Then why not vote for us in the I Love Manchester Awards! Nominate The Manchester Museum through the I Love Manchester website and be in with a chance to win two VIP tickets to the tourism awards gala dinner.
The closing date for nominations is 1 May 2009.
Click here to vote for The Manchester Museum in the I love MCR awards
We look forward to seeing you soon
The Manchester Museum, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL