Wellbeing Day: learn how to relax.
16 Feb 2009
Experiential workshop on Saturday 21 February, 10am-4pm.
The Counselling Service and Sport are offering this one-day workshop, which is an enjoyable way to find out more about relaxation techniques and other strategies for coping with stress.
This experiential workshop teaches and allows practice of various relaxation techniques. Emphasis is on brief exercises that can be integrated into daily life to prevent stress exhaustion and increase energy and focus.
Programme for the day
The day's events will include:
- An introduction to Shiatsu massage.
- An introduction to some of the techniques of Mindful-Based Stress Reduction. This is a way of practising mindfulness meditation. It is a very useful skill to learn and can help you to deal more effectively with stress and to learn how to relax more easily.
- An introduction to the Alexander Technique: the way we use our body affects the way it functions. This is an opportunity to learn some ways of changing harmful tensions into useful energy.
- A Yoga session which will be an opportunity to quieten the mind and relax the nervous system.
- An opportunity to experience Indian head massage.
University of Manchester staff (and partners) £20
Cheques should be made payable to 'The University of Manchester' and sent to:
- Gail Heathcote-Milner
The University of Manchester SPORT - Office
William Kay House
333 Oxford Road