Personal and Career Development Conference for Technical Staff.
05 Dec 2008
Explore the options available to support your development.
Friday 9 January 2009, 9am - 4pm
Cordingley Theatre, Humanities Bridgeford Street
This is a free event and will provide an opportunity for technical staff from across the University to come together and consider the range of options and methods available to support their personal and skills development, both at a local and national level.
By the end of the mini conference those attending will have:
- Identified the personal qualities, and generic and technical skills that will be important in developing their work within the University.
- Identified a number of options for pursuing their own continuing professional development.
- Indicated the types of areas in which they would wish to take up further development activity.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
- 9am - 9.20am Coffee & Registration
- 9.20 - 9.40am Conference Opening & Formal welcome
- 9.40am - 10.10am National Training & Development Initiative for Technical Staff
- 10.10 - 11am CPD for Technical Specialists
- 11.30am - 12noon The University of Manchester - Training & Development Initiatives
- 1 - 2pm Parallel Session 1 (A, B, C, D)
- 2 - 3pm Parallel Session 2 (E, F, G, H)
Session A & E: Management & Professional Development
Session B & F: Coaching & Mentoring
Session C & G: Career Development/Marketing yoursel
Session D & H: Health & Safety - How did we end up here?
- 3.30 - 3.45pm The Way Forward
- 3.45 - 4pm Questions, Summing up and Feedback
To request further information or register for a place, please contact:
- Paul Forster, Staff Training and Development Unit, at email@example.com or 275 2541
Closing date for bookings is Friday 12 December 2008.