The Manchester Museum's ebulletin for families: October 2008.
28 Oct 2008
Welcome to our October family ebulletin. This month we celebrate Manchester Science Festival with lots of exciting family events throughout half-term. Come and discover the wonders of science with leading scientists from The University of Manchester.
If you know anyone who is interested in receiving our enewsletters and finding out more about our activities, click on the 'forward to a friend' button at the top. Alternatively, they can now sign up through our website.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Ros Helliwell, The Manchester Museum
The Manchester Museum is open daily
- Tuesday-Saturday: 10am-5pm
- Sunday, Monday and Bank Holidays: 11am-4pm
October half term activities
Manchester Science Festival
Monday 27-Friday 31 October 2008
Be enthused and inspired by science, technology and engineering in this week long celebration of everything science. Join in daily art and craft activities, object handling, Iron Age dressing up and themed sessions including ...
- Monday 27 October: Lindow Man family science day; Bog SOS; Forensic science: a bog body mystery
- Tuesday 28 October: Rock Science Day; Magic Minerals; Crystal quest of Dr. Filches and the time travelling alien
- Wednesday 29 October: Dinosaur detectives; Medicine Revealed; Forensic science: a bog body mystery
- Thursday 30 October: Ancient Egypt science day; A plant's view of the world
- Friday 31 October: Making sense of your brain; Magic Carpet: big and small; Science for the under fives; Forensic science: a bog body mystery
November Big Saturday
Big Saturday: Stick Insect Day
Saturday 8 November 11am - 4pm
Stick insects are the masters of disguise. Come and find out how they do it in this family fun day. See live insects in active disguises and find out all about them. Make your own cardboard stick insect to take home or listen to a selection of bug stories. Activities include ...
- Stick Insect exhibition: 11am-4pm, also on Sunday 9 November 11am-3pm
- Art and craft: 11am-4pm
- Bug storytelling: 1-2pm
- Family friendly film club screening: 11.30am & 2.30pm
We look forward to seeing you soon
The Manchester Museum, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL