Well-Being Week activities at The Manchester Museum: 22-24 April.
01 Apr 2008
Enhance your health, fitness and well-being with a range of FREE classes.
22-24 April 2008
The Manchester Museum
The Well-Being team at The University of Manchester are organizing a three-day event focusing on health, fitness and well-being. The event aims to give staff, students and the general public the opportunity to receive information and try out new and exciting activities.
You can take part in a number of free classes including:
- Managing Stress Tuesday 12pm-12.45pm
- Alexander Technique - Tuesday 1.00pm-1.45pm
- Tai Chi -Wednesday 12noon-12.45pm
- Belly Dancing - Wednesday 1pm-1.45pm
- Pilates - Thursday 12noon-12.45pm
- Iyengar Yoga - Thursday 1pm-1.45pm
The above places are limited so you must pre-book your free place by emailing:
- firstname.lastname@example.org (please specify which class you would like to try)
You can drop in to the other activities between the hours of 12noon and 2pm, including massage sessions, blood pressure testing, Ardwick Alcohol service, healthy food tasting and campus walks. There will also be advice and information on nutrition and weight management, substance abuse, sexual health, first aid ,stress management and back care.
The Well-Being team is a partnership between SPORT, Counselling Service, Human Resources, Occupational Health, Student Union and FoodOnCampus.