Joint Open Day: Media Centre and Central Timetabling Unit.
11 Mar 2008
Staff and students welcome on 20 March.
The Media Centre and the Central Timetabling Unit, who together comprise the Teaching Support Services Unit of the Estates Directorate, are holding a joint Open Day.
The Open Day will take place in Humanities Bridgeford Street Building, 10am - 4pm on Thursday 20 March. Light refreshments will be available.
Events taking place will include:
- Conducted tours of the Media Centre facilities; TV and sound studio, sound and video editing suites, multi-media suites, video tape and DVD copying areas, and graphics.
- Demonstrations of new technologies being introduced across the campus:
10.30 - 11am Turning Point student response system (similar to ask the audience in Who Want's to be a Millionaire but with many more features to aid teaching).
11.15 - 11.45am Onelan digital signage
12noon - 12.30pm Sympodium interactive panel - available for use in the University Place lecture theatres
2 - 2.30pm Turning Point student response system
3 - 3.30pm Sympodium interactive panel - available for use in the University Place lecture theatres
- Explore the possibilities of e-streaming lectures - demonstrations will take place in between other scheduled events.
- Presentation of a show-reel of projects Media Centre production staff have been involved with.
- Demonstration of the use of Central Timetabling Unit's on-line booking system and room catalogue with staff on hand to deal with queries.
- An exhibition by a small number of NWUPC approved audio-visual equipment suppliers who will be showing some of the latest technology.
Central Timetabling Unit Staff, Media Centre production and audio-visual support staff will be on hand providing the opportunity to discuss projects, problems, proposals for new equipment, facilities available in University Place, network access in central teaching rooms, etc. Come along and join us - staff and students welcome.