University of Manchester University and College Union (UMUCU).
10 Dec 2007
UCU is a trade union and professional association representing all types of professional staff across the UK further and higher education sector
- is a democratic association committed to improving the working life of all members and committed to maintaining academic freedom .
- represents all academic and related staff (teachers, professors, administrative staff of all grades, researchers, computer and library staff and postgraduates, both full time and part time).
- protects your interests and takes up individual grievences with your employer.
campaigns on your behalf for improved quality of education and research, salaries, conditions and pensions.
- gives high priority to equal opportunities and women's issues. It has a national women's committee and an equal opportunities working party.
- has a number of special interest groups for staff such as computer staff, fixed-term non-research lecturers,and contract researchers, at both local and national levels.
Further information from:
- UMUCU website