Symposium: Tissue Banking in the UK and Europe.
12 Nov 2007
Free event on 4 December at the Nowgen Centre.
Tuesday 4 December 2007 (3pm - 6pm, with refreshments from 2.30pm)
The Nowgen Centre, 29 Grafton Street, Manchester, M13 9WU
Central Manchester and Manchester Children's University Hospitals NHS Trust has initiated a project to set up a Central Manchester Tissue Bank, with access to both public and private sector research organisations.
This symposium aims to bring together interested organisations in the North West and beyond to share experiences of setting up tissue banks, to understand industry requirements and the regulatory framework. An international panel of speakers will explore the issues involved in setting up individual tissue banks and the European tissue banking network.
- Keynote Speaker: Professor Kurt Zatloukal, Coordinator of Genome Austria Tissue Bank (GATiB), Graz
- Dr Chris Womack, Principal Clinical Histopathologist in Cancer Discovery at AstraZeneca
- Dr Brian Clark, Chief Executive of onCore UK, London
- Professor Noel Clarke, Chair of Urological Oncology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital NHS Trust
- Book online at Nowgen Events