Diversity Awareness Week. *
05 Nov 2007
Raising awareness about equality and diversity: 3-7 December.
The University is organising its third annual Diversity Awareness week from 3 to 7 December 2007.
This promises to be another successful week with a variety of events and activities for staff and students.
The main purpose of the week is to raise awareness about equality and diversity and to celebrate the positive contribution a diverse community brings.
Below is a selection of some of the activities taking place during the week:
- Diversity & The Past symposium
- Information event on staff networks for minority groups
- Diversity Conference for senior managers
- A performance by the Greater Manchester Lesbian and Gay choir
- A Public lecture on Global Bollywood: "Is Brown the new Black?" followed by a Bollywood themed Disco
- Investment banking diversity day "Banking on your Talent" - employers promoting themselves to a diverse range of students
- Entry to Postgraduate Study seminar - How can we broaden the talent pool and increase the numbers of Widening Participation students?
For further details:
- Visit Equality and Diversity website
- Contact the Equality and Diversity team on tel 0161 306 5857 / minicom 0161306 5870
Posters detailing events taking place that week will be displayed around campus two weeks prior to the event.