Access all areas by email!
04 Oct 2007
A range of new email lists will help you target your desired audience
You can now send email messages to staff in areas or groups of staff in the University through a range of new email lists. The lists have been developed to allow communicators to target their internal audiences more effectively - a requirement that was identified in the University's Communications Audit.
Compiled automatically from data held in the HR system, the lists are updated hourly and can all be accessed through the front page of:
- Listserv website
The page displays links to the following list indexes:
- The All-Staff list
- Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Life Sciences Announcements / Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences Announcements*
- Central Administration
- Other University activities
- Job family lists (e.g. academic staff, non-academic staff)
- Senior management lists (e.g. Heads of School, Heads of Central Administration)
* The Faculty of Life Sciences and the Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences use Announcements systems instead of email lists - their index page contains links to online submission forms into which you can type your message.
Simply click on the relevant group, log on with your network username and password, and you'll have access to an index containing links to guidance notes for list users, message archives, email addresses for staff who can advise you about using individual lists, and, of course, addresses for the lists in that group.
From the same page, you can also access the addresses and archives of the student lists: all-students, postgraduate students and undergraduate students.
In addition to reading the user guidance notes for individual lists, you may also find it helpful to read these best practice tips for writing messages to individuals and to mailing lists: