03 Oct 2007
Walk leader courses, swim memberships, Sackville Street health and fitness classes
Volunteer Walk Leader Courses
SPORT at The University of Manchester and The Robert Darbishire Practice Rusholme Health Centre are hosting Volunteer Walk Leader Courses and we are looking for volunteer walk leaders to help out in the local community on a regular basis.
What you will gain:
- A free place on our volunteer walk leader training course
- A certificate and insurance on completion of the training course
- Enhance your CV with volunteer work
- Valuable experience in working with people who suffer from various chronic health disorders
- A free T-shirt and pedometer!
If you would like to play a part in The University of Manchester "Commit to get fit in the Community" programme, please contact:
- Rachel Shelton at Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 225 6699
- Gail Heathcote-Milner at email@example.com
Swim memberships for staff
SPORT and Manchester Aquatics Centre have got together to offer staff at The University of Manchester a special swimming only membership of just £109 for nine months and £120 for 12 months.
To take advantage of the membership please visit:
- The Manchester Aquatics Centre reception.
You will need your staff ID to qualify for the offer.
Health and Fitness Classes at Sackville Street
SPORT is hosting a number of enrolment courses at the Sackville Street Building:
- Monday Ashtanga yoga 12.30-1.30pm
- Tuesday Pilates for beginners 12.30-1.30pm
- Wednesday Belly dancing 5-6pm
The eight-week enrolment courses begin in the week commencing 15 October 2007.
All courses must be booked in advance and in person at:
- SPORT - Head Office, William Kay House.
- Staff: £33.00
- Public £35.00
Don't worry if Sackville Street is difficult to get to - we also offer courses at The Armitage Sports Centre, The Well-Being Room (Dover Street) and Sugden Sports Centre.
For full details, download:
- Guide to Classes leaflet