Finance deadlines ahead of Christmas/New Year closure
08 Dec 2022
Dates you need to be aware of if you're processing any finance requests or are an Oracle Financials user
The Oracle Financials system will be closed for month end processing at 12noon on Wednesday, 21 December. Please ensure you are logged out of the system by this time and do not log back in until Tuesday, 3 January*.
The system will not be supported during the closure.
All requisitions approved by 8am on Wednesday, 21 December will be converted into Purchase Orders (PO’s).
- Enquiries to email@example.com
Setting vacation rules
If you intend to be absent for any dates other than the standard University shutdown dates over the December holiday period, and will be unable to approve requests, please put in place a vacation rule in Oracle to delegate your approvals. Please also include delegation details in your Outlook Out of Office message.
Customer invoice requests must be received by 5pm on Friday, 16 December to allow time for processing. All requests received after this may not be processed until January 2023.
- Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last foreign sundries will be processed onto Western Union on Friday, 16 December
- Last one-off Payments made Friday, 16 December
- Last supplier BACS run will be Wednesday, 14 Dec with a pay through date of 31 December. Invoices need to be processed and validated by 2pm on 13 December.
Foreign payment runs are:
- Euro 12 December
- USD 13 December
- GBP 14 December
All enquiries to email@example.com
RBS cardholder transactions
All transactions for RBS cards must be updated on the RBS SDOL system by 12pm on Monday, 19 December.
- RBS cardholders must have coded ALL transactions for the December statement (period to 8 December). Purchasing cardholders are expected to have attached the necessary audit evidence within the SDOL system.
- It would assist with finance accruals if all transactions on the current statement (period commencing 9 December) could also be coded.
*Accounting staff posting adjustments will be notified by email when they are permitted to do so once the usual month end processing has been completed