Widening Participation 2021 highlights
12 Jan 2022
Find out more about our widening participation activities during 2021 in our latest publication
Our widening participation (WP) work has been affected again by the ongoing pandemic, but we’re really proud of what our colleagues and partnership organisations have managed to achieve. To ensure our support and commitment to students and young people continued, the majority of WP programmes transitioned to online delivery.
This report focuses on some of the highlights of 2020/21, plus key statistics relating to our work to improve access, success, and progression for underrepresented groups in Higher Education.
A few highlights from this year include:
- 550 schools participated in 2,972 WP activities
- UoM Tutor Trust tutors have supported 2,130 Greater Manchester pupils with 7,055 hours of tuition
- 535 students successfully completed the Manchester Access Programme
- 13 students were supported by UoM Article 26 scholarships
- 375 pieces of equipment were loaned to students as part of the helpmegetonline programme, to reduce barriers preventing students from accessing or participating in online learning
You can read the full publication at:
Photo credit: Project Inc