Sign up to receive the Pankhurst newsletter
15 Dec 2021
Keep up to date with the Institute's latest news and events as well as funding and fellowship opportunities
The Christabel Pankhurst Institute for Health Technology Research and Innovation spans all three faculties, and is a unique partnership between the University, NHS, business and local government, forming an important part of the Greater Manchester health innovation ecosystem, working together to translate world-leading research into new products and services.
Achieving benefit from health technologies is a multi-faceted challenge which requires input from across the spectrum of academic disciplines. Alongside a focus on science and engineering, particularly digital technologies, AI and advanced materials, the Institute fosters a multidisciplinary approach to studying and achieving impact.
Areas of Pankhurst research include:
- Translational research to generate health impacts from foundational research, particularly in digital technologies, AI and advanced materials.
- Implementation science to understand translational pathways for health technology and identify the determinants of success.
- Health economics to understand and predict the health and economic impacts of deploying technology-based innovations in the health and care system.
- Evaluation and assessment methodology to generate evidence of efficacy and safety for technology-based innovations at different stages of development.
- Social and behavioural science to explore the impacts of heath technologies, particularly effectiveness, confidentiality and security, and addressing inequalities.
The Pankhurst sends out a monthly newsletter including a Directors update, news, events, funding opportunities and fellowship opportunities, relevant to all with an interest in health technology research and innovation.