COVID-19 vaccination volunteers needed
02 Dec 2021
Be part of the COVID-19 response
Support the increase in demand for COVID-19 vaccinations and booster jabs by becoming a volunteer marshal with Manchester Health and Care Commissioning (MHCC). Sign up to join the response by completing a short form.
Marshal responsibilities include:
- Directing patients around vaccination delivery site, to pods, waiting areas, and exits
- Supporting traffic flow in car park
- Handing out masks at entrances
Manchester is hugely diverse and over 100 languages are spoken across the city. We especially need volunteers who can speak other languages, so we can offer advice and support to people who otherwise might not be able to access it.
University students can also get involved in the efforts by signing up through Volunteer Hub. Any student volunteers taking this role up will need to add their hours on Volunteer Hub using the "Independently Sourced Hours" option to qualify for the Stellify Award.
- Make sure that the activity that you are thinking of volunteering for will have no detriment on work you are required to do for our University, especially if your work is vital to maintain teaching, research and other University operations. Any volunteering you take part in should be carried out in your own time or you can use annual leave if you wish to volunteer during working hours. If you are in doubt, speak to your line manager.
- Do not put yourself at risk. You must at all times follow NHS rules on face coverings and social distancing, which are designed to protect everyone.