Giving Tuesday nearly here
29 Nov 2021
Giving Tuesday, the international day of giving back, is on Tuesday, 30th November.
Giving Tuesday is a day where everyone can do something to support the good causes that mean so much to them. In these difficult times, you can volunteer your time, donate money, share your skills, campaign for a cause, donate food or clothes, organise a community event such as a park clean-up or a coffee morning. The list really is endless!
The Charities Aid Foundation (CAF), which runs the campaign in the UK, revealed figures from Visa showing that £20.2 million was donated via their payment platforms in the UK on Giving Tuesday 2020.
On Giving Tuesday we will be sharing your payroll giving achievements over the past year, how to support the Re-Write Cancer Appeal and other ways you can help give time, skills or donations.
Shelter giving a talk – Tuesday, 30 November, 12pm-12.30pm
Shelter, the most popular charity for donations via the Payroll Giving Scheme in the past 12 months, will be giving a virtual talk on Giving Tuesday to share how your donations help the work they do. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Teams link.
Discover more today
- Visit the Giving Tuesday page
- Donate to your favourite charity via the University’s nationally commended Payroll Giving Scheme
- Support the Re-write Cancer campaign
- Join a Social Responsibility programme
- Give care leavers a Christmas to remember
- Support the Wood Street Mission Christmas appeal
- Support Manchester Museum's Christmas Appeal for Invisible Cities
- Support Emmeline's Pantry foodbank