Staff mentoring programme - application deadline 5 April
20 Mar 2007
Manchester Gold (May to November 2007) is open to all University staff
Manchester Gold Staff is a unique career mentoring programme aiming to develop staff at The University of Manchester by linking them to the support of more experienced colleagues. This colleague will act as a mentor over a six month period. The programme is open to all grades of staff across all faculties and divisions and runs from May to October with a time commitment of approximately 20 hours.
The programme is managed collaboratively by The MLP, Careers & Employability Division and the Staff Training and Development Unit at The University of Manchester, and has the full support of senior management.
You can participate as either a mentee or a mentor.
As a mentee, you can:
- Develop your skills and confidence
- Clarify your career options and ways to progress
- Speak to a staff member outside of your department
- Increase your knowledge of the University
As a mentor, you can:
- Develop your coaching skills
- Improve your CV
- Share your knowledge and experience with another member of staff
- Gain the satisfaction of helping others to develop their potential
The programme is also an ideal way to meet and network with other members of staff from across the University.
You can apply to take part in the programme by completing the online form. The Manchester Gold Staff team will then attempt to match you with a suitable mentor / mentee based on the criteria you have specified.
Further details, along with the form, can be found at:
You can also attend one of the three information sessions which will provide you with further details about the programme. All three sessions will be from 12.15pm to 1pm:
- Wednesday 7 March - Room 5.7,Crawford House, Booth Street East (Careers Service)
- Thursday 8 March - Room 3.5, Roscoe Building, Brunswick Street
- Tuesday 13 March - Room D001, Renold Building, off Sackville Street
You do not need to sign up - simply turn up on the day.
The Manchester Gold Staff Programme Team