Henry Royce Institute Conference 2021
10 Feb 2021
Flagship stakeholder conference will focus on ‘Developing advanced materials for a sustainable society'
The Henry Royce Institute for advanced materials will host its flagship stakeholder conference on 22 – 23 March 2021 aiming to bring together the UK materials community from across academia, industry, government and research funding councils.
This year’s event will focus on ‘Developing advanced materials for a sustainable society’. Day 1 will look at Royce’s current research landscape with colleagues from The University of Manchester and the wider Royce Partnership leading a number of paralleled sessions on:
- Advanced Metals Processing
- Atoms to Devices
- Biomedical Materials
- Chemical Materials Discovery (inviting abstract submissions)
- Electrochemical Systems
- Imaging & Characterisation
- Material Systems for Demanding Environments (inviting abstract submissions)
- Materials Modelling
- Nuclear Materials
- Two-dimensional Materials (inviting abstract submissions)
Day 2 will have an outward focus looking at how Royce and the materials community can support national sustainability challenges including:
- Developing a Circular Materials Economy
- Materials 4.0
- Sustainable Packaging & Plastics
- Degradation in structural materials for net-zero
- Materials for Fusion
- Materials for the Hydrogen Economy
The event is also an opportunity to hear from a wide range of external speakers from across the Royce Partnership is well as senior figures from industry, government and research funding councils.