Enhancements to MyView expenses
10 Feb 2021
Following the successful launch of MyView expenses last year, further improvements have been made to the online approval process based on your feedback
We have listened to your feedback and a number of enhancements have been introduced to the MyView expenses online approval process:
1. Increase in the number of days for approvers to authorise claims, from five to seven calendar days
2. Alteration in the order of approver:
- First stage of approval: The claimant’s line manager
- Second stage of approval: Following approval by the line manager, the claim will progress to the relevant Oracle Approver(s).
3. Addition of an auxiliary line manager:
- If the claimant’s line manager does not approve their claim within the seven calendar day approval window, the approval request will move up the organisational hierarchy to the line manager of the claimant’s line manager.
From 11 February, any new claims submitted, or re-submitted, will follow the revised authorisation process.
Further details about these changes, and all other aspects of the MyView expenses system, can be found in either the online training materials or FAQs. If you have any other questions regarding your expenses claim, please email HR Services.
Staff submitting expense claims should note that only essential services and supplies are to be purchased until further notice in line with the guidance that has been agreed regarding the purchasing and payment of goods and services during this period. This guidance applies to all members of the University and its subsidiaries including all staff, students and other associated individuals.
Where can I find out more?
- How to submit and track a claim via MyView - the training materials provide detailed guidance on claim submission, the approval process and how to track the progress of your claim.
- How to delegate claim raising responsibilities - for those members of staff who wish to delegate their claim raising responsibilities to another member of staff, detailed guidance is available in the training materials.
- The online approval process for expense claims - all claims require approval by the claimant’s line manager and the Oracle Approver. Some claims will require further approval by Treasury or the Immigration Team. Further information about the approval process can be found in the training materials.
The roles and responsibilities of approvers
- Full details of the roles and responsibilities of the Line Manager and Oracle Approver in the online authorisation process are located in the training materials.
There’s also a list of frequently asked questions, which are reviewed and updated regularly.
For any general questions relating to your expense claim, please contact HR Services.