Staff benefits update
03 Feb 2021
Offers on UK cottage stays, Time to Talk Day and other wellbeing support
- DenPlan have updated the policy handbook which is now on the DenPlan discount page.
- Reward Mobile has offers on iPhones and Samsung phones for a range of budgets.
- Enjoy 10% off any full price rental at any of Coastal Treats quality cottages in Pembrokeshire.
- You can also visit the Holiday Exclusives for the latest offers covering cottages in the UK.
- Wider Wallet offers of the month include Scribbler, Virgin Experience Days, B&Q, Hotel Chocolat and Costa.
Time to Talk Day 2021 is Thursday 4 February. This is the day that we get the nation talking about mental health. The Equality and Diversity Team are encouraging you to take a virtual break with friends and get informed on mental health services available.
Upcoming wellbeing courses
Tuesday, 9 February from 1pm until 2:30pm
Positive Psychology for Managers - introducing ideas of self-care and positive psychology, and how they can be used in a management context to support the wellbeing of teams.
Thursday 11 February, 1.30pm
Wellbeing Event: LGBT+ History Month - the session will focus on wellbeing for the entire LGBT+ community and it’s intersections, as well as the support available at the university, and the importance of allies and their support/awareness.
Tuesday 16 February at 10am
The 4Ds of Distress: Distract, Dilute, Develop and Discover. Approaches and exercises that can deal with stress and also restore wellbeing in the long term
The University has a wide range of wellbeing support and services in place as well as our new 24/7 confidential helpline which staff can access. As well as one to one counselling our in-house Counselling Service provide weekly workshops for staff and students with a number of upcoming sessions on how to calm the brain.
Keep well and stay up to date with all your benefits and wellbeing options.