Making a Difference Awards – deadline extended
14 Jan 2021
Due to popular demand, we are extending the deadline for our Making a Difference Awards entries
The new closing date is midnight on 24 January. We hope this extension will help anyone struggling to meet the deadline due to the current challenging times.
The Making a Difference provide the opportunity for our staff, students, alumni and external partners to highlight the great work that goes on at the University and the huge difference they are making to the lives of others.
If you haven’t already, please enter or nominate someone you know, to help recognise and celebrate the positive social responsibility achievements being made across our University.
The Awards are open to all staff, students, alumni and external partners at the University. Individuals or teams can submit an entry for themselves, or be nominated by a third party. The Award aim to celebrate, raise awareness and provide valuable recognition of how individuals and teams across the University are making a difference to the social and environmental wellbeing of our communities and wider society.
The award categories include the following:
- Outstanding benefit to society through research
- Outstanding teaching innovation in social responsibility
- Outstanding public and community engagement initiative
- Outstanding contribution to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Outstanding Professional Services for social responsibility
- Outstanding contribution to environmental sustainability
- Outstanding contribution to widening participation
- Volunteer of the Year Award
Further information, award criteria and the entry form can be found on the social responsibility website.