Managing Stress Workshops
30 Jan 2007
Practical help for staff and students on Tuesday mornings in the Well-Being Room
These workshops from The University of Manchester Counselling Service are open to students and staff of The University of Manchester.
Each Tuesday from 8.30 am to 9am in the Well-Being Room, Dover Street Building, Dover Street.
Anxiety and worry are fundamental human emotions that we will all feel at times. Some people suggest that we only notice them when they occur in excess.
These workshops give practical help on learning to cope and develop resilience, we will be mapping out our ways of responding to stress and learning to be aware of changes in behaviour, feeling, thinking and relating to ourselves and to others that are more constructive and manageable.
What is involved in the workshops?
The style of delivery involves participants actively, the aim is to make the sessions enjoyable as well as informative and useful.
- Identifying negative and self-defeating thought patterns: learning to think in a more balanced and realistic manner, how to influence our beliefs about ourselves.
- Learning ways of preventing anxiety from becoming unmanageable
- Making a difference-what is within our control?
- Learning to relax more and to engage in more pleasant events.
- Thinking about the mind/body link.
If you are interested in joining this group or would like more information:
- Telephone 275 2864
- Or call in at the Counselling Service