Export Controls (EC) webinar
15 Jul 2020
Gain an essential understanding of strategic export controls directly from the Export Control Joint Unit (ECJU)
The Export Control Joint Unit (ECJU) will be offering a 1 hour webinar introducing strategic export controls and licences.
This is highly advisable for staff to attend so as to gain an essential understanding of strategic export controls directly from ECJU.
The webinar will take place on Thursday, 16 July 2020 at 3pm.
We hope, in spite of the short notice, that you will have the time to attend.
After providing an overview of the controls on the export and trade of military and certain Dual-Use items from the UK, it also introduces how to obtain licences. This webinar will take attendees through:
- The controls
- Military and Dual Use lists
- What is meant by 'technology' and how it can be exported
- Additional Trade Controls, Sanctions and End Use controls
- Compliance and enforcement
- The types of licences available and how to apply
Adrian Bond, the Training Manager for the Export Control Joint Unit, will lead the webinar, with the overview of licences and licensing provided by Michelle Sullivan, an experienced licensing officer.
- Register to attend: Strategic export controls and licences – An introduction
- Any questions, please email the Export Controls Compliance (ECC) Team, firstname.lastname@example.org