Purchasing of and payments for goods and services
20 Mar 2020
Latest update on purchasing of and payments for goods and services
Due to these exceptional circumstances and following the closure of many University buildings and non-essential services, please see below the latest update on purchasing of and payments for goods and services. This guidance applies to all members of the University and its subsidiaries.
This includes all staff, students and other associated individuals and must be complied with.
Stores and Goods In
- All University Stores and Goods In will be closed from 4pm Friday, 20 March, after this point only essential deliveries will be accepted.
- If you have perishable goods due for delivery after this week you are advised to contact your supplier to cancel delivery until the campus reopens.
- Only essential services and supplies are to be purchased until further notice
- From today iProcurement will be available only for orders related to ensuring essential services remain operational. These will need to be pre-approved by a Senior Leadership Team (SLT) member or their immediate delegate or will not be converted into a Purchase Order (PO) or issued to the supplier. Please attach SLT (or immediate delegate) approval to the purchase requisition.
- You must not place any order directly with a supplier without a valid PO. Please do not use existing unfulfilled POs to purchase directly from suppliers. You will need to seek retrospective approval from your SLT member or their immediate delegate.
- You must not use existing Call Off Orders to request goods from suppliers.
- If you have a call off order and prior arrangements with suppliers then as the requisitioner it is your responsibility/obligation to contact the supplier and cancel any scheduled deliveries unless you obtain pre-approval from an SLT member (as above) that the goods/services are required to ensure essential services remain operational.
- For legal reasons there are almost no circumstances under which goods may be delivered to a personal address. Do not arrange this yourself and do not ask for an exception unless the member of SLT (as above) has pre-approved a case for so doing. Please forward the SLT member email approval with the request.
- There must be no non-essential overseas travel.
- For UK trips please check and follow the latest Government advice, book flexible tickets and delay booking until closer to the time, as travel restrictions may change.
- Any bookings need to be pre-approved by an SLT member or their immediate delegate.
RBS purchasing cards requests
- Purchasing card requests should ONLY be sent to email@example.com These will need to be pre-approved by an SLT member or their immediate delegate and their approval should be forwarded with the request, to avoid delays.
- All Payment will continue to be made normally and suppliers or students will not be detrimentally affected.
- Invoices received electronically either to the firstname.lastname@example.org or via eMarketplace will be processed, but paper copy invoices will NOT be paid. Paper invoices should be emailed to the above address and will be dealt with as per normal terms.
- Under the unprecedented circumstances in which we find ourselves, we are doing as much as we can to minimise errors and disruption but please bear with us if, as inevitably will happen, some occur.
All other queries
- Purchasing queries - Procurement@manchester.ac.uk
- Payment queries - AP-Helpdesk@manchester.ac.uk
- Mark Gilmore
- Michelle Bailey
The Central Procurement Team