Planned IT maintenance after the exam period
20 Jan 2020
IT Services plan to perform more maintenance after Semester 1’s exam period.
This is a combination of a programme of work to improve the speed and capacity of our wired and Wi-Fi network, and regular maintenance to ensure reliability of our internet-connected services.
As a result, there will be short periods of downtime affecting the whole campus and halls of residence, while the following work takes place:
- Tuesday 28 January, 7.30am to 8.30am : Momentary loss of internet connectivity, for up to five minutes at some point within the hour, for a software upgrade.
- Wednesday 29 January, 7.30am to 8.30am: Momentary loss of internet connectivity, for up to five minutes at some point within the hour, for a software upgrade.
- Saturday 1 February, 8am-2pm: Short and intermittent losses of connectivity to various services while network equipment is replaced. This includes, but is not limited to: Wired and Wi-Fi internet access, Hornet, email, GlobalProtect, Blackboard and My Manchester.
There will also be localised downtime in certain areas over the next month or two while we continue to improve the wired and wireless network, including:
- Halls of residence and other buildings in the Fallowfield campus
- Alan Gilbert Learning Commons, Alan Turing Building, Arthur Lewis Building, AV Hill, Core Technology Facility, George Kenyon Building, John Garside Building, Michael Smith Building, National Graphene Institute and University Place
Other buildings will be upgraded later in the year – more information will follow and will be communicated locally when we have confirmed the dates.
Find out more: