Staff benefits and wellbeing update – 21 November
21 Nov 2019
Updates on the Staff Wellbeing Fair on Friday 28th November, Giving Tuesday events on 3rd December, Men's Health Month and a prize draw!
Staff Wellbeing Fair
This year’s annual Staff Wellbeing Fair will take place in the Whitworth Hall on Thursday 28th November, 12-2pm. Book your ticket now via Eventbrite.
There will be over 32 exhibitors including charities:
- Andy's Man Club (a charity supporting men’s mental health and preventing suicide)
- Anxiety UK
- Charities Aid Foundation (CAF)
- DePaul Charity (a charity for homeless vulnerable young people)
- Emmeline’s Pantry foodbank: a food bank for women and families that will be accepting food donations and new pyjamas on the day
- Hearing Dogs for Deaf People (who will be bringing along Hearing Dogs Jessie and Hunter)
- Manchester City Council Fostering Team
- Prevent Breast Cancer
- Prostate Cancer UK
- Wood Street Mission: will be accepting donations of new toys and toiletries for 0-18 year olds on the day
Visit www.manchester.ac.uk/staff-wellbeing-fair for more details on all the exhibitors who include:
All registered attendees will have the chance to win prizes! We are also lucky to have the Library Choir and the Wellbeing Choir performing for us again!
Book now via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/staff-wellbeing-fair-tickets-55209483050
On Tuesday 3 December, the world will celebrate #GivingTuesday, a global day to do ‘good stuff’ where everyone can do something to support the good causes and communities that mean so much to them. Across the campus there will be plenty of events to mark Giving Tuesday and help you discover new ways of giving. You can:
- Attend a talk by Hearing Dogs for the Deaf who will also be providing a demo with Jessie the Hearing Dog
- Attend a swap shop and bake sale
- Learn CPR
- Take part in a ‘crafternoon’ for MIND
- Attend a talk by charity DePaul
Visit the Giving Tuesday page for all event and booking details:
Visit the staff wellbeing calendar for all the latest and ongoing sport, health and wellbeing events. Prostate Cancer UK will be providing a drop-in for advice in the UMSA Wellbeing Rooms (Ground floor Simon Building) between 12pm-2pm. Just drop in at any time – no appointment needed. All details can be found on the Men’s Health Month page.
This month’s prize draw is a Relaxation for Men FriendinaBox gift box. For the chance to win a box for you or a loved one just answer this question:
Q. To encourage awareness of men’s health issues, during Movember men are encouraged to grow:
- a) A moustache
- b) More potted plants
Just email your answer to email@example.com before midnight on 30th November marking the subject Mo! The winner will be drawn on Giving Tuesday (3rd December).
Keep up to date with all your wellbeing, benefits and payroll giving via www.manchester.ac.uk/reward