Staff benefits and wellbeing update
14 Nov 2019
Book for the Staff Wellbeing Fair, How you can meet charities and donate to Wood Street Mission and Emmeline's Pantry, new offers for Blackwell's and a prize draw!
This year’s annual Staff Wellbeing Fair will take place in the Whitworth Hall on Thursday 28th November, 12-2pm. Book your ticket now via Eventbrite.
There will be over 32 exhibitors including charities:
- Andy's Man Club (a charity supporting men’s mental health and preventing suicide)
- Anxiety UK
- Charities Aid Foundation
- DePaul Charity (a charity supporting homeless vulnerable young people)
- Emmeline’s Pantry foodbank: (a food bank for women and families that will be accepting food donations and new pyjamas on the day)
- Hearing Dogs for Deaf People (who will be bringing along a Hearing Dog)
- Manchester City Council Fostering Team
- Prevent Breast Cancer
- Prostate Cancer UK
- Wood Street Mission: (will be accepting donations of new toys for 0-14 year olds on the day)
The Staff Wellbeing Fair is a great oportunity to discover your on campus wellbeing options and meet charities and services supporting health in our community. We are hoping as many staff as possible will be able to donate to Wood Street Mission and Emmeline's Pantry on the day. Why not group together in your local teams to club money together and buy toys on 3 for 2 deals or can you buy an extra food item in your shopping basket to donate! Last year there were fantastic donations - so we are hoping there is even more support this year.
Visit www.manchester.ac.uk/staff-wellbeing-fair for more details on the exhibitors!
All registered attendees will have the chance to win:
- Sweets & prize draw tickets for theatre
- Fruit basket
- Family admission ticket to Jodrell Bank Discovery Centre
- £15 cinema/theatre voucher
- Fitbit Prize Draw and Pass for Hero Training Club Manchester
- A Nutrition Consultation deal - £55 instead of £75
- Spa Day for two
- £25 voucher
- 2 x free tickets for Literature Live Spring 2020
- Beer School & Brewery tour for 4 via BrewDog
We are also lucky to have the Library Choir and the Wellbeing Choir performing for us again!
Book now via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/staff-wellbeing-fair-tickets-55209483050
- Grow a Mo for Movember
- Men’s Health Checks
- Love your Balls - Testicular cancer talk
- Prostate Cancer UK - Drop-in for advice
New discounts and offers
Blackwell’s have free entry to UOM staff via a code to their forthcoming events including tonight’s event - We'll Never Have Paris - An evening exploring the allure of bohemian and literary Paris with readings from Nicholas Blincoe, Gavin James Bower, Thom Cuell, Lauren Elkin, Alex Pheby, CD Rose, Nicholas Royle and Christiana Spens.
This month’s prize draw is a Relaxation for Men FriendinaBox gift box. For the chance to win a box for you or a loved one just answer this question:
Q. To encourage awareness of men’s health issues, during Movember men are encouraged to grow:
- A moustache
- More potted plants
Just email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on 30th November marking the subject Mo! The winner will be drawn on Giving Tuesday (3rd December).
Look out for other prize draws and more updates on the Staff Wellbeing Fair during November!
Keep up to date with all your wellbeing, benefits and payroll giving via www.manchester.ac.uk/reward