Nominate your outstanding alumni for our 2020 Awards
12 Nov 2019
Outstanding Alumni Awards are presented to Manchester graduates who have achieved distinction in their profession, through exemplary service to our University or the wider community, or through outstanding service of a personal or humanitarian nature
Previous recipients have included:
- Julia Tizard, Vice President, Virgin Galactic
- Her Excellency Dr Amani Abou-Zeid, Africa Union Commissioner for Infrastructure and Energy
- David Nott OBE, Disaster and War Zone Trauma Surgeon
- Gareth Owen OBE, Humanitarian Director, Save the Children UK
The awards are presented annually and we aim to have one recipient for each Faculty per year.
Awards are presented to alumni who have achieved distinction:
- in their fields or professions;
- through exemplary service to our University or the wider community;
- through outstanding service of a personal or humanitarian nature locally, nationally or internationally.
Career achievement (as opposed to length of career) should be a key factor in the nominations and any alumni who have previously been unsuccessful are welcome to be nominated again.
Completed forms should be returned to Rachel Thomasson by Wednesday, 8 January 2020.
Completed forms will be submitted to the Alumni Advisory Board, who will vote for their choices and outcomes are expected in early February 2020.