Staff benefits and wellbeing update
07 Nov 2019
Sign up for the Staff Wellbeing Fair, Men's Health Month activities and latest prize draw
This year’s annual Staff Wellbeing Fair will take place in the Whitworth Hall on Thursday 28th November, 12-2pm. Book your ticket now via Eventbrite.
The fair will highlight all the wellbeing benefits you can access plus signpost a number of health related charities. As November and December are the month’s that we celebrate Give, one of our Six Ways to Wellbeing, you will have the opportunity to support the Christmas Appeals of Wood Street Mission and Emmeline’s Pantry Foodbank, who will both be attending our Fair again.
If you are able to donate:
- Wood Street Mission: Need new toys for children 0-14
- Emmeline’s Pantry: Need new pyjamas (all ages and sizes), new toiletry sets (for mums and teens) and Christmas food treats
It’s also Wood Street Mission’s 150th anniversary of supporting families in poverty in Manchester and Salford. It’s difficult to imagine that both Wood Street and Emmeline’s foodbank are still so desperately needed by people in our local community.
Visit www.manchester.ac.uk/staff-wellbeing-fair for more details on the exhibitors who include:
- Health charities such as Anxiety UK, Prostate Cancer UK and Prevent Breast Cancer
- UOM services such as: Sport, Be Active, Sugden Centre, Aquatics, UMRUN. In Stitches craft society
- Others: Ken Foster’s Cycle Logic, Macdonald Hotel Spa (get a hand massage)
- We are also lucky to have the Library Choir and the Wellbeing Choir performing for us again!
Visit the staff wellbeing calendar for all the latest and ongoing sport, health and wellbeing events. Upcoming there is:
November – Men’s Health Month with fantastic options including:
- Grow a Mo for Movember
- Men’s Health Checks
- Love your Balls - Testicular cancer talk
- Prostate Cancer UK - Drop-in for advice
All details can be found on the Men’s Health Month page.
This month’s prize draw is a Relaxation for Men FriendinaBox gift box. For the chance to win a box for you or a loved one just answer this question:
Q. During Movember men are encouraged to grow:
a) A moustache
b) More potted plants
Just email your answer to email@example.com before midnight on 30th November marking the subject Mo! The winner will be drawn on Giving Tuesday (3rd December).
Look out for other prize draws and more updates on the Staff Wellbeing Fair during November!
Keep up to date with all your wellbeing, benefits and payroll giving via www.manchester.ac.uk/reward