Outstanding staff recognised by students
15 May 2019
Students’ Union holds its annual Teaching and Volunteering Awards
Outstanding staff were recognised by students when our Students’ Union held its annual Teaching and Volunteering Awards.
These awards also recognise hardworking students for their engagement with voluntary and representative work, as well as staff for their inspiring, supportive and engaging teaching.
The highlight of the evening was the presentation of Lecturer of the Year awards, where teaching staff from each Faculty were nominated by students for their dedication to producing inspiring content and quality teaching.
The award-winners were:
- Curriculum for a Better Tomorrow Award – Eva Niesten
- Fundraiser of the Year – Charlotte Hands
- Graduate Teaching Assistant of the Year – Pat Watkinson
- Lecturer of the Year Biology, Medicine, Health – Joyce Tyldesley
- Lecturer of the Year Humanities - Ross Jones
- Lecturer of the Year Science and Engineering – Jonathan Sly
- Most Supportive Staff Member – Saralees Nadarajah
- Supervisor of the Year – Doron Cohen
- Support Staff or Team of the Year – Ben Possible