FSE academic appointments and PSLT changes
28 Mar 2019
FSE academic appointments and changes within the Professional Services Leadership Team (PSLT)
Appointments to the new Head of Education and Head of Research posts for each of our new Schools have now been confirmed.
- Peter Green, Senior Lecturer in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Academic Lead for Teaching and Learning for MECD, has been appointed to the role of Head of Education for the School of Engineering;
- Andrew Horn, Professor of Chemical Education in the School of Chemistry, has been appointed to the role of Head of Education for the School of Natural Sciences
- Professor Kevin Taylor, currently Head of School in the School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, has been appointed to the role of Head of Research for the School of Natural Sciences;
- Ian Cotton, Director of Manchester Energy and Professor of High Voltage Technology, has been appointed to the role of Head of Research for the School of Engineering.
These roles will be instrumental in shaping the academic structures within the new Schools.
Changes within PSLT
As previously communicated Wayne Keating, FSE’s Head of Teaching, Learning & Student Experience, has recently been appointed interim Director of Faculty Operations in the Faculty of Humanities. Wayne begins his secondment on 1 April, returning to FSE on 1 July 2019. A number of cover arrangements have been put in place to ensure business usual during this period:
- Teaching College / TLSE Office / E-Learning – Nicky Snook will take on oversight of these areas, with Sarah Lister taking on line management of the E-Learning Team in addition to the TLSE Office. Nicky will cover this element until moving across to her new role in Humanities on 1 July.
- Admissions and Intake Management – Steve Olivier will take on oversight of this area and the line management of the two new Admissions & Intake Team Leaders. Steve will cover this remit until moving to his new role as the School of Natural Sciences’ Head of Teaching, Learning & Student Experience on 1 July.
- PGR – Liz Caine will take on oversight of this area and line management of the new PGR Services Manager, including the management of the Faculty PGR and CDT Team. Liz will cover this element until Wayne returns on 1 July.
To find out more about the Professional Services transition arrangements please visit staffnet.
The Faculty’s Head of Communications and Marketing, David Weston, will soon be taking extended paternity leave. He is due to finish mid-April and will return to the Faculty in mid-November. An internal recruitment process is underway to ensure that appropriate cover is in place during this period. The Faculty’s Communications and Marketing Management Team will continue to lead the following activity:
- Student Recruitment: Zabina Kosar-Ahmed
- Digital Marketing: Emma Sutton
- Internal Communications: Rachel Hobson and Danielle Moss
- Social Responsibility: Daniele Atkinson
- External Communications for Advanced Materials: James Tallentire