Love your planet this Valentine’s Day
14 Feb 2019
Show renewed affection for the improved 10,000 Actions platform
In 2016 we launched 10,000 Actions, the largest environmental sustainability initiative in the higher education sector. Since then, our staff have committed to almost 27,000 actions which contribute to a more sustainable society. Our aim is to grow this even more.
10,000 Actions allows us to make a difference, individually and collectively, in tackling one of the world’s greatest challenges. This Valentine’s Day we’re asking all staff to share the love and sign up or log in again to highlight how you’re making a difference.
The 10,000 Actions website has recently been improved and as a result is much more user-friendly. Key improvements include:
- The ability to immediately see how your actions add up alongside your colleagues.
- Access to new actions beyond environmental sustainability such as blood donation and becoming a dementia friend.
- Access to updated and streamlined actions.
- An improved look and feel.
- The ability to easily track and demonstrate how you’re making a difference.
Professor James Thompson, Vice-President for Social Responsibility said:
“The new version of 10,000 Actions builds on the success of this award winning programme, and is a great platform to share the actions our staff are taking for environmental sustainability and social responsibility. I have used 10,000 Actions to commit to actions I can take and I encourage all staff to log on, find out how they can make a difference and share their activity with their colleagues.”
Access the new 10,000 Actions programme.
For more information: