Emmeline’s Pantry foodbank
31 Jan 2019
Donations of new knickers needed
Emmeline’s Pantry is a local foodbank for vulnerable women and their families. Many of these families have escaped domestic abuse and had to leave behind all their family belongings or been victims of trafficking. Unlike other foodbanks Emmeline’s Pantry lets the women choose their own food, so that they can pick what suits their family’s needs and also so that the women learn to make decisions again.
During February they are appealing for additional donations of new packs of women and children’s underwear. So if you’re heading to M&S or your local supermarket please consider knickers or alternatively items from the list below. All help is massively appreciated.
Emmeline’s Pantry foodbank always needs:
- Tea / coffee / sugar
- Tinned fruit, vegetables, baked beans, meats and fish
- Other long life food items (cereals etc)
- Biscuits /crisps (treats for families)
- Toiletries for mums, babies, children & teens
- Nappies (all sizes) and sanitary products
- Clothes detergent
- Clothing / footwear for women, children and teens
Emmeline’s Pantry Facebook page
Donate via the University’s Payroll Giving Scheme