Vote on how you would like to develop our family policies
20 Nov 2018
Share your views on how to develop policies on maternity, adoption and shared parental leave
Colleagues from across the University are sharing their views on The Hive about how to develop policies on maternity, adoption and shared parental leave. Have you shared your views?
To date, the campaign has received:
- 46 ideas
- 119 comments
- 1408 votes
As we approach the final week of the campaign, please make sure to cast your vote! The top three ideas submitted to The Hive will be collated by Gemma Dale, HR Policy and Engagement Manager, and discussed at the Working Families Group.
Some of the ideas submitted by staff include:
- ‘Equal job opportunities for part time staff’ submitted by Jemma Fielding, PGT Programme Administrator in the School of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Biology Medicine and Health
- ‘Increase paternity leave to reduce the gender pay gap’ submitted by Chris Jordan, Communications and Impact Manager in the Global Development Institute, Faculty of Humanities
- ‘Additional support/time/leave for returning research staff’ submitted by Eleanor Davey, Lecturer in History of Humanitarianism, Faculty of Humanities
Remember to get involved on The Hive and share your ideas, comments and votes before the campaign closes on Friday, 30 November.
At the University we aim to offer leading policies and activities to support our working parents so that they can continue to work alongside their family commitments. Your feedback is vital as the University reviews maternity, adoption and shared parental leave – as well as additional support arrangements and initiatives.
What is The Hive?
The Hive is an online channel that allows staff to share ideas in response to a specific question or problem.
You can access The Hive at any time using your University username and password, simply login at www.the-hive.manchester.ac.uk. If you have not accessed the Hive before you may be asked to authenticate your email address.
On The Hive you can submit your own ideas, or vote and comment on other peoples. The most popular ideas (based on likes and comments) will make their way to the top of the list.
How to use The Hive
- Share your views by clicking the 'Submit Idea' button.
- To comment, click on the idea and the comment box will appear below.
- To vote, click the upward pointing arrow on the right-hand side of the idea.
For more information about accessing The Hive visit StaffNet.